Zinov'ev Radiy Sergeevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, technical director of the Scientific industrial group of companies "Polidor" (1a Fyodorova street, Chelyabinsk, Russia), email@example.com
Savitskiy Vladimir Yakovlevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department № 11, Penza branch of the Military Academy of Maintenance Supplies (Penza-5, Russia), W.firstname.lastname@example.org
Merezhko Yuriy Aleksandrovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, chairman of the Board of directors of the Scientific industrial group of companies “Polidor” (1a Fyodorova street, Chelyabinsk, Russia), email@example.com
Ivanovskiy Vladimir Sergeevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, head of the Military Academy of Maintenance Supply named after army general A. V. Khrulev (8 Makarova embankment, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), W.firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Combination of high strength and elasticity characteristics of polymeric composite materials (PCM) with high tribotechnical parameters determine the production of long-life friction bearing on basis thereof. At the same time for the modern condition of series production of fiber reeling from PCM it is typical have a significant part of the product containing inadmissible macrodefects. In thi connection it is found topical to develop and implement a technology of defect-free production of friction bearing based on formation of the mode of deformation of PCM providing the compressive stress of the mass of the armoured thermosetting material in transversal direction. The study is aimed at comparative experimental evaluation of the interlayer strength of the annular sample at transversal stretch and at interlayer shift, produced by the method of fiber reeling.
Materials and methods. Technical economic effectiveness of the researched method was estimated on annular samples made of glass-fibre plastic of 32…35 mm in width, cut from tubular stock workpiece of the serially produced friction bearing with internal diameter of 120 mm, external diameter of 155 mm (m = 1,29). Tubular workpiece is made of glass cloth ТС-11-78 (layer thickness of 0,27 mm) and and epoxy-phenolformaldehyde binding ФФЭ-70. Reeling was carried out by the “dry” method on the heated arbor, prepreg during reeling was not heated. Every package was hardened at the mode of 80 °С/1 hour ++ 120 °С/3 hours. Final hardening was conducted at the mode 80/1 + 120/3 + + 160/5 + 170/3. Cooling was carried out with the oven at the rate of 0,25 °С/min. Testing was carried out through stretching the samples with 4 notches instead of 2 , that allowed determining the strength in conditions of interlayer shift in two mutually transverse directions. Determination of two characteristics on one sample increases informativity of research, authenticity of results and enables to decrease two times the number of samples needed.
Results. Application of the suggested sample is effective not just in testing the material of tubular workpieces, but also in conditions when due to constructive features of the product it is impossible to cut the sample to determine shift strength in axial direction, for example, in the docking ring of the interstage chamber. The authors suggest a rational number of stages of layerwise hardening and such modes of reeling that allow decreasing of radial residual stresses, achieving more uniform distribution thereof by width and creating a tubular workpiece without radial residual stresses. On the basis of conducted research together with advantages of the method of layerwise hardening the authors revealed disadvantages, consisting in the fact that multiple hardening of sequentially reeled packages prolongs the technological process of production, and each previous package of layers is subject to repeated thermal treatment. Reeling of another package on the previously hardened one aggravates the conditions of adhesive bond formation on the contact surfaces of these packages and the diffusion processes behaviour.
Conclusions. The method of reeling with layerwise hardening allows effective influence on the field of residual stresses in the material and obtaining elimination of defects in the thick-wall tubular workpiece of the friction bearing.
1. Tarnopol'skiy Yu. M., Portnov G. G., Spridzans Yu. B. Mekhanika polimerov [Polimer mechanics]. 1972, no. 4, pp. 640–645.
2. Blagonadezhin V. L., Perevozchikov V. G. Mekhanika polimerov [Polimer mechanics]. 1972, no. 1, pp. 174–176.
3. Indenbaum V. M., Perevozchikov V. G. Mekhanika polimerov [Polimer mechanics]. 1972, no. 2, pp. 284–289.
4. Zinov'ev R. S., Merezhko Yu. A. Neodnorodnye konstruktsii: tr. XIX Ros. shk. i XXIX Ural'skogo seminara [Heterogeneous constructions: proceedings of XIX Russian school XXIX Ural seminar]. Ekaterinburg: Izd-vo Ural'skogo otdeleniya RAN, 1999, pp. 30–39.
5. Tarnopol'skiy Yu. M., Kintsis T. Ya. Metody staticheskikh ispytaniy armirovannykh plastikov. 3-e izd., pererab. i dop. [Methods of statistical testing of armoured plastics. 3rd edition, revised and supplemented]. Moscow: Khimiya, 1981, 272 p.
6. Dodin G. V., Kleyman V. L., Krymskiy I. M. Ballisticheskie rakety podvodnykh lodok [Ballistic submarine-based rockets]. Miass: Gos. raketnyy tsentr "KB imeni akademika V. P. Makeeva", 1994, 279 p.
7. A. S. 238110 USSR. Zakhvat dlya obraztsa pri opredelenii prochnosti na mezhsloevoy sdvig [Grip for sample during determination of interlayer shift strength]. R. S. Zinov'ev, V. M. Titov, V. N. Shalygin. Application no. 3121796/25-28, 12.08.85; MKl G01N 3/04. 1985.
8. Zinov'ev R. S., Kleymenov V. D., Krymskiy I. M., Petrovskiy O. L., Salikhov Z. S., Shalygin V. N. Obzor. Seriya VII. [Review. Series VII]. No. 96. Center of research information "Poisk". 1989, 73 p.
9. A. S. 254 084 USSR. Obrazets dlya ispytaniya kompozitsionnogo materiala na prochnost' pri sdvige [Sample for testing composite materials of strength at shift]. R. S. Zinov'ev, V. M. Titov, V. A. Borisov. Application 3144561/23-05, 6.08.86; MKl G01N 1/28. 1986.